Problems with the JIRA Import Wizard

Maxence CAPDEVILLE September 8, 2017

Hello, 

I have an issue with the JIRA import wizard.

I created a JIRA cloud backup with the backup manager tool. When I import the .zip file in my new JIRA cloud domain, I obtain the following error message: "Cannot start import - multiple users have the same email address:". I checked the email address mentioned and it is not duplicated - only one account exists with the email address.

Could you please help, as the first JIRA version will soon be shut down and I need to import the backup file asap.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

Hi Maxence,

I see that you have a ticket in with the Cloud Support team.  Once you wrap up the ticket with the support team kindly provide the resolution here so the rest of the community can benefit.

Cheers,

Branden

Deleted user July 19, 2018

Hi there ! Does anyone have a solution ? I have the same issue. Thanks

M Po September 25, 2018

Hi there...@Maxence CAPDEVILLE

Wondering if you recall the resolution.

I've encountered this too now and cannot get past the exact same error.

Best

-Mike

Deleted user September 25, 2018

Hi Mike,

On my side I think it was resolved when the support team guy change completely the email adress.

Have you tried other email adress for the user you try to import ?

Regards

M Po September 25, 2018

That does seem it.

It seems prior versions of Jira (7.2.6) supported allowing different users with the same email address.

Later a constraint was put on this. No user can share another users email address.

The issue I've now countered is that atlassian cloud jira doesn't report the complete list of users on their import screen (CloudImport) who have duplicate email addresses. Only after correcting on that screen then click import do they reveal another set of users. So you have to edit this second set of users directly in entities.xml and re-zip up the files to re-import

Glorious fun, Jira is!

Thanks

Suggest an answer