Problems with Post Functions - Linking Issues and Automatically Transitioning

perdue_brandon_vast-inc_com July 12, 2017

Hello All -   

I am currently experiencing a new problem with an HR Management project I have been working on in JIRA. I'll explain the abstract to provide a bit of context -    I have 3 different Issue Types, on 3 different workflows. They are Potential Candidate, Bench, and Open Position. I have Potential Candidate and Open Position configured perfectly. With the correct post functions, I'll have 2 Potential Candidates linked to an Open Position. When one Potential Candidate finishes the workflow the Open Position will automatically transition from Vacant to Done. Then the link between the Potential Candidate still on the workflow and the Open Position will break. I will then be prompted to link that Potential Candidate to a different Open Position. These post functions occur in the final transition of this workflow. This configuration works great. I was able to get this working through the help of an individual in the Atlassian Community. (See screenshot to view configuration).   

Now what I want to do is have my Bench workflow operate exactly how my Potential Candidate operates. Multiple Bench Issues are linked with an Open Position. When one Bench finishes the workflow the Open Position will transition to Done, and then the other Open Position should be required to link to another Open Position. At this point I have configured the Bench post functions exactly how I have configured the Potential Candidate post functions, but it is not giving me the same outcome. With these configurations I am able to have the first Open Position transition to Done, but the link with the Bench still on the workflow and the original Open Position never breaks, and thus doesn’t prompt me to choose a new Open Position (see screenshot). These post functions also occur in the final transition of this workflow.  

Can anyone determine what I am doing wrong here? To me, the Bench post functions and the Potential Candidate post functions are exactly the same, yet in the last step the Bench functions are not leaving me where the Potential Candidate functions leave me. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
perdue_brandon_vast-inc_com July 12, 2017

Here are the screenshots of the post functions for Potential Candidate (works great), and Bench (doesn't work so great) - 

Potential Candidate Post Functions - Successful.pngBench Post Functions - Do not work.png

Suggest an answer