Problems with Log Work screen in JIRA 5.1.3

Lionel Cassin September 16, 2012

Two Problems...

1. I have changed the date format in my instance of JIRA from the default to mm/dd/yyyy, but when I enter the Log Work screen, the date format of the "Date Started" screen remains the default format, e.g., "17/Sep/12." Is there a way to change this?

2. If I change the "Date Started" field to another value using the date picker, then the date displayed in the field is formatted mm/dd/yyyy (see below). But then I get the following error: "You must specify a date on which the work occurred":

It appears that the "Date Started" field is still expecting "17/Sep/12" rather than "09/17/2012" and gets angry when it doesn't get what it wants.

Thank you

Lionel Cassin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2012

Hi Lionel,

To change the format for the date picker you'll need to update the formats at General Configuration > Advanced Settings.

You'll need to change both .java.format and .javascript.format for each key you are changing. You can find some examples of date formats here.

Please remember to use 'MM' instead of 'mm' since 'mm' is referring to minutes instead of month.

Hope this helps,

Marcus Silveira

0 votes
Lionel Cassin September 20, 2012

Thank you Marcus. That was exactly it.

Suggest an answer