Problems with Crowd and Jira

Hansueli Weber July 1, 2014

Hi all

I have some problems in the setup of Crowd and Jira.

1. My Jira instance is installed and is working fine, now I installed Crowd for having a centralized user management nad SSO. I guess I did all mentioned points from the install documents for Crowd and Jira. But something went wrong.

I can connect to Crowd and add/manage users for the Jira. I have imported the users from Jira by using the import function.

For example: User: tester is in following groups, ,ira-users, jira-developers, jira-administrators and crowd-administrator.

I can connect to Jira with a Jira-Administrator user, but if I want to change settings of Jira I can't login, but the user is in the Jira-Administrators group. What is wrong here?

It's very strange because if the crowd wasn't installed I was able to login to the Jira system settings by using the same admin user?!?!?

2. I can't add the crowd to the startup process, I did also the mentioned points from the documents. Once with the init.d and once with upstart, but non of the two version is working.

I am just a little bit lost here.

Thanks in advance for help ;-)

Cheers

Hansueli

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Hi Hansueli,

As for the problem to access the administrative functions in JIRA, one thing comes to my mind, you may have two users with the same name, one in each directory (Crowd and JIRA internal).

You can check this with the following query:

select child_name, directory_id from cwd_membership where child_name='<user_name>';

In case you have two users, you may need to change the directory order at "User Directories" menu.

As for the start/stop scrip, is this the doc you are following? In case yes, can you share with us what's the error you're seeing?

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Hansueli Weber July 1, 2014

Hi Tiago

Thanks for your input.

1. If I run this script I can see a few entries, one entry for each group where the user is member and this in the jira db and also in the crowd db.

I guess this is because I have imported the users to Crowd.

In the Crowd db is at the moment just one directory configured and so the directory_id is all the same. In Jira are two directoy configured and so I have two different directory_ids.

What config is relevant for using Crowd, users in Jira or the one in Crowd??

Hmmm, I guess I have to be logged in as jira-administrator for the "User Directory" menu?

2. I did the mentioned points for my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS but I don't know where I can see the relevant information about startup problem :-/ Do you have a hint?

Cheers

Hansueli Weber July 17, 2014

Any other idea??

Suggest an answer