Problems wirh JIRA cloud, low speed to access from Shezhen China

Camilo Russi January 29, 2015
Dear team
  1. Now i have problem for speed to access on JIRA cloud from Shezhen China , is no way to improve on this?
  2. There is a way to enable clone and move issues on JIRA cloud?

Best Regards

Camilo Russi

Lanix 

10 answers

4 votes
Geoffrey Xiao December 13, 2016

The problem is that Atlassian team use some js lib hosted on google CDN . for example, the below one,

src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.1/jquery.min.js">

This can be easily solved by pointing js to other CDN. 

Dinghua July 30, 2018

Is it the root cause? Our team in Shanghai has been seeing even slow ping to Jira servers...

Dinghua July 30, 2018

In another word, VPN routing to US or another country where google API is not blocked would see much faster Jira response time? Still same intermittent access issue -- sometimes okay, sometimes very slow..

1 vote
Howard Z July 7, 2019

I am facing the same issue in Shanghai.... =(

1 vote
vinurs December 14, 2017

we have the same problem, but there is no answer

1 vote
Johanne Lim June 26, 2017

Another 6-mos after the last reply on this thread and seems like there is no resolution yet.

Are the China-users market so small that Atlassian does not seem to be doing anything to address it?

1 vote
Barret Pruden September 23, 2015

This is really bad for me.  We are using JIRA OnDemand in the US, trying to get our China team to use it, though they complain that it is way too slow as well.  

Looking for a way to better connect the two offices.  Really want to use JIRA, but if they cannot fix this, I must take my 150+ users to another program, and I would rather not have to resort to that

0 votes
haiping October 25, 2018

until today the issue still here, becasue  seems some js file from jira-frontend.prod.atl-paas.net and be downloaded from china very very slow, any plan?

0 votes
Prabha Dias June 27, 2017

Atlassian, what say you? This is a major issue for anyone with teams in China.

0 votes
Tiago Machado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2016

One year after this question was posted and the China-based team we work with is also having the same issue.

Does anyone got any suggestions on how to overcome this ?

0 votes
John Fowler April 9, 2015

Camilo,

Did you get any resolution on this? We host our own instances in the US and China. Our China-based team uses a separate instance because of the latency issues. As yet, our teams cannot share any collaboration or repository tools due to GFW-related issues. I am curious how bad this is for others and what tools are working for them.

Suggest an answer