Problems trying to get the attached files to an issue using HTTPS

Ignacio June 8, 2015

I have problems trying to get the attached files to an issue through HTTPS using a client made in AngularJS+NodeJS+ExpressJS.

This client makes use of the JIRA API so I can get information of projects, issues, even information related to the files attached, but when I try to get the file I get a 502 error or HTTP /1.1 Service Unavailable.

Is this something directly related to the use of HTTPS?, because if I configure mi client to point to JIRA using HTTP then I'm able to open the files attached.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

Can you reproduce the issue using curl? It sounds like there is a server or proxy error occurring. Any errors in the JIRA logs when this happens?

Ignacio June 9, 2015

Hello Boris, thanks for your answer!

I've  used Curl and Wget and I keep getting the same error. No, there are no entries in JIRA log, it seems that is something related to the communication between my client and the JIRA server, but only when I use HTTPS. There are no firewalls on the network and the only proxy configured is the one from JIRA.

I have installed the CA on my Debian and when I try to get the attached file from any ISSUE the same error happens: "502 Bad Gateway" or "HTTP /1.1 Service Unavailable."

Thanks

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

Do you have a proxy between JIRA and the world? Maybe the proxy is handling something wrong?

Ignacio June 9, 2015

Between JIRA and the world, yes, but there are no messages that indicate that there is something wrong. Really weird.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2015

If you execute the curl attempt directly on the JIRA server and bypass the proxy, does the issue re-occur?

Suggest an answer