Problems migrating JIRA DB from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g

Alberto Ocaña da Costa June 27, 2012

Hello,

We are migrating JIRA from 4.0.1 version to 5.0.6

For that, we have installed a new machine with a fresh installation of JIRA 5 and a new DB in Oracle 11g. Once installed, we have restored the 10g DB into the 11g server and pointed JIRA to that Database.

At the JIRA start, the migration proccess has begun. Now I have an almost fully working environment. I'm seeing these errors in catalina.out in the moment of making a Reindex:

2012-06-27 13:28:58,896 IssueIndexer:thread-9 WARN albertooc 808x9016x1 1b8elsj 10.101.0.199,10.100.253.184 /secure/admin/IndexReIndex.jspa jira.toolkit.customfield.ResolvedDateCFType org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, groupid, FIELDTYPE, FIELD, OLDVALUE, OLDSTRING, NEWVALUE, NEWSTRING FROM changeitem WHERE groupid=? AND FIELD=? AND NEWVALUE=? (ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB

)

org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, groupid, FIELDTYPE, FIELD, OLDVALUE, OLDSTRING, NEWVALUE, NEWSTRING FROM changeitem WHERE groupid=? AND FIELD=? AND NEWVALUE=? (ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB

)

The Index proccess never ends.

I've found this unresolved issue but I'm not sure if it applies in my case or not: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTOOL-81

regards,

Alberto

1 answer

0 votes
Theodore Tzidamis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

Hello,

As a general note as this might help in similar issues:

As seen here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

"This is a two-step process. You will need to use this procedure to upgrade to JIRA 4.4.x first before you can upgrade to JIRA 5.0.x. See the JIRA 5.0 Upgrade Notes for details."

In general, it is a good idea to keep all variables (db server, OS) stable when upgrading and making it a two-step process. So, migration should be one process (keeping the same JIRA version) and upgrade could be another process (on that same server). It might save us some grief. ;-)

In case one gets more specific issues, then contacting Atlassian Support is the next step.

Theo

Suggest an answer