Problems exporting EazyBI bar and line chart reports to PDF/PNG

dguschl January 29, 2015

Hi,

Exporting to PDF/PNG, of a single report, using bar or line charts, is resulting in this error:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong."

If I'm exporting a complete dashboard containing those reports to PDF, it is working fine.

Switching to Table, Pie, Map or Gantt chart is solving the problem as well?

Just found out: adding "Name labels" in the pie chart is resulting in the same error - so it seems that it's just not working if name labels are part of the report?!

Any ideas anyone?

BR

Dominik

(JIRA 6.1.7, EazyBI 2.3.3, PhantomJS 1.9.7, Windows 2008R2)

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

Try going to the logs. There should be more information there. The paths are:
- /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/eazybi-queues.log
- /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/eazybi-web.log

If this doesn't provide enough information for you - add the logs here so we'll try to help with analysis.

dguschl January 29, 2015

I think I got it: 2015-01-29 15:05:34 +0100 FATAL: Java::OrgApacheBatikTranscoder::TranscoderException (null 2015-01-29 15:05:34 +0100 FATAL: Enclosed Exception: 2015-01-29 15:05:34 +0100 FATAL: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.): And I remember there is an error on top of the settings menu that is complaining about some UTF-8 file encoding. So I guess that's it - I will try to fix that error and hope that will fix my export issues.

dguschl January 29, 2015

Restarting the production system during the night, testsystem is looking good so far. I think your hint helped in solving it - Thanks! I will report the results tomorrow.

Jānis Vītums January 29, 2015

If you still need any additional support please sent eazybi-web.log to email support @ eazybi.com and we will help you.

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

Great, Dominik. Hopefully will workout on prod as well

dguschl February 1, 2015

It's working! Thanks guys! So fixing the UTF-8 Error (adding UTF-8 to the Java Parameters at Tomcat startup) fixed the issue. https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Installation+and+setup#Installationandsetup-UTF-8encoding https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+Properties+and+Options+on+Startup

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2015

Cool. Good that you have added relevant documentation for that problem

JiraLearn May 12, 2016

I got the same error when I tried to export the pdf.I checked the log,but it doesn't provide very details for the cause.Can you help me? You can find the relevant logs at the last in the attachment.

Suggest an answer