Problems exporting EazyBI bar and line chart reports to PDF/PNG

Hi,

Exporting to PDF/PNG, of a single report, using bar or line charts, is resulting in this error:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong."

If I'm exporting a complete dashboard containing those reports to PDF, it is working fine.

Switching to Table, Pie, Map or Gantt chart is solving the problem as well?

Just found out: adding "Name labels" in the pie chart is resulting in the same error - so it seems that it's just not working if name labels are part of the report?!

Any ideas anyone?

BR

Dominik

(JIRA 6.1.7, EazyBI 2.3.3, PhantomJS 1.9.7, Windows 2008R2)

1 answer

Try going to the logs. There should be more information there. The paths are:
- /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/eazybi-queues.log
- /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/eazybi-web.log

If this doesn't provide enough information for you - add the logs here so we'll try to help with analysis.

I think I got it: 2015-01-29 15:05:34 +0100 FATAL: Java::OrgApacheBatikTranscoder::TranscoderException (null 2015-01-29 15:05:34 +0100 FATAL: Enclosed Exception: 2015-01-29 15:05:34 +0100 FATAL: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.): And I remember there is an error on top of the settings menu that is complaining about some UTF-8 file encoding. So I guess that's it - I will try to fix that error and hope that will fix my export issues.

Restarting the production system during the night, testsystem is looking good so far. I think your hint helped in solving it - Thanks! I will report the results tomorrow.

If you still need any additional support please sent eazybi-web.log to email support @ eazybi.com and we will help you.

Great, Dominik. Hopefully will workout on prod as well

Cool. Good that you have added relevant documentation for that problem

I got the same error when I tried to export the pdf.I checked the log,but it doesn't provide very details for the cause.Can you help me? You can find the relevant logs at the last in the attachment.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

243 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you