Problems after changing the LDAP account password

Kathleen Buckley December 20, 2012

I recently upgraded JIRA from 4.2.3 to 5.1.7 and everything was fine. I copied the OSUSER.XML file from 4.2.3 to 5.1.7 since we integrated LDAP with JIRA. However, when I later changed the LDAP user password no one could log in. I could log in with an internal (non-LDAP) account, just not accounts that use LDAP for authentication.

After verifying and reverifying the password entered into the OSUSER.XML file was correct, I eventually had our network administrator change the password back and everything worked fine.

The last time I changed the password we were running 4.2.3 and changing the password was not a problem.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

Hello,

Have you tried changing your password from the JIRA Administration > User Directories menu?

I know in Confluence we don't use the osuser.xml past a certain point. We actually roll user management completely into the UI. If you are coming from a version that uses osuser.xml part of the upgrade task is to move those credentials into the Database.

Please try changing the password from the UI and see if that corrects the problem.

Best Regards,

Suggest an answer