Problem with status transition

Sven.H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2015

Hi everybody,

we have a problem with status transition.

endbewertung.png

The custom field is not existing in our JIRA-Database.

DB-Screen.png

We have not configures a Validators permission and set not “Required”  by Field Configurations.

Validators.png

What can we do to solve the problem?

Best Regards,

Sven

I’m a beginner in learning English feel free to mark every sentence e.g. in red that you don’t understand. I will the try to express it in a better way.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2015

Could you read your log file for a time around the point you get this error?  You should find an explicit reference to the custom field number with a load of developer info stuck around it.  (Actually, just searching your log for 15854 should turn it up too)

The error message should include some class names which would tell us exactly where the error is happening.

One issue with the way JIRA handles the removal of custom fields could be a problem here - you're saying you have no validators on the workflow transition, but you actually might have one (also, this could be a post function), and JIRA can't display it because of the loss of the custom field.  (I thought this had improved in recent versions, but it still may not be in the workflow diagram).  Could you try editing the workflow as well - check post-functions as well as validators!

Sven.H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Hi Nic,

her the Logfile.

Regards,

Sven

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2015

You have an "update custom field" post function on the workflow transition, referring to a field you have deleted. The function is from the jira suite utilities, but it should still show up when you edit the workflow java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find field 'customfield_15854' at com.googlecode.jsu.util.WorkflowUtils.getFieldFromKey(WorkflowUtils.java:143) at com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction.executeFunction(UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction.java:45)

Sven.H
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2015

I have found the solution. Thanks for your help, which has steered me in the right direction.

0 votes
Sven.H
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2015

Hi Peter, the screen „Doppelte Bastatigung“ is empty. If we set to “Screen: None - it will happen instantly” we get the same message. Regards, Sven

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2015

What fields do you have in the Doppelte Bastatigung screen?

Suggest an answer