Problem with overrideScreenSecurity

I want to create a custom field in my Jira Project for all issues. But at the same time I do not want that property to be shown on screen to the users. Now I am able to succesfully create a new custom field, but problem occurs when I try to set it's value. Because that custom field is not shown on the screen, thus I am setting 'overrideScreenSecurity' parameter to true (as given in Edit Issue API). But I am getting following response : 

{
  "errorMessages": [
    "Only Connect add-on users with admin scope permission are allowed to override screen security."
  ],
  "errors": {}
}

Despite I am the admin of the project. Can anyone please help me in figuring out the problem.

P.S. : All of above work has to be done using JIRA API only, no GUI.

Thanks

2 answers

0 vote

Your user has to be a JIRA administrator to be able to bypass the security.

But as I mentioned, I am the Admin

You said are the project administrator.  That's not enough, you need to be the JIRA admin to bypass security.

How do I become JIRA admin then ??

Get an admin to add you to one of the groups that grant administrator rights.

I have the exact same issue and my user has admin and site-admin permissions.  @Abhishek Bansal, were you able to resolve this issue?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

471 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you