Problem with overrideScreenSecurity

Abhishek Bansal June 27, 2017

I want to create a custom field in my Jira Project for all issues. But at the same time I do not want that property to be shown on screen to the users. Now I am able to succesfully create a new custom field, but problem occurs when I try to set it's value. Because that custom field is not shown on the screen, thus I am setting 'overrideScreenSecurity' parameter to true (as given in Edit Issue API). But I am getting following response : 

{
  "errorMessages": [
    "Only Connect add-on users with admin scope permission are allowed to override screen security."
  ],
  "errors": {}
}

Despite I am the admin of the project. Can anyone please help me in figuring out the problem.

P.S. : All of above work has to be done using JIRA API only, no GUI.

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Oleh Metelskyi November 28, 2019

I have the same problem. Please help

Taras Pikh December 19, 2019

I have this problem too, are you fixed this ?

Oleh Metelskyi December 19, 2019

As i understood  that Only  Connect addons can override screen security (it means JWT auth must be used for addon). 

For now i just added  all needed custom fields to edit  screen view  and error is gone. 

Taras Pikh December 19, 2019

understand, thanks).

0 votes
Bella Nagirner November 20, 2017

I have the exact same issue and my user has admin and site-admin permissions.  @Abhishek Bansal, were you able to resolve this issue?

Tomasz Staniewicz November 19, 2018

Hi @Bella Nagirner@Abhishek Bansal

Can you, please tell me how did you solve your problems?

BR, Tomasz

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

Your user has to be a JIRA administrator to be able to bypass the security.

But as I mentioned, I am the Admin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

You said are the project administrator.  That's not enough, you need to be the JIRA admin to bypass security.

How do I become JIRA admin then ??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2017

Get an admin to add you to one of the groups that grant administrator rights.

Shinde_ Mukund December 12, 2023

I have the same problem with updating the filed which are not on the edit screen. I also have the admin permissions.

Suggest an answer