Problem with jira when starting

Thiago Escobar November 29, 2016

Yesterday i migrated my JIRA server from H2 database to mysql database, today i had to restart the server and now i'm getting this error when starting jira: 

Error occurred while starting component 'com.atlassian.jira.service.DefaultServiceManager'. caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, JOB_ID, JOB_RUNNER_KEY, SCHED_TYPE, INTERVAL_MILLIS, FIRST_RUN, CRON_EXPRESSION, TIME_ZONE, NEXT_RUN, VERSION, PARAMETERS FROM clusteredjob WHERE JOB_ID=? (Communications link failure The last packet successfully received from the server was 3,961 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago.)

3 answers

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Sorry, if it is actually a connection problem, can you please list the contents of your dbconfig.xml file (minus the server info and credentials)?  There maybe a connection pool timeout that is set too short, or maybe the pool size is too small.

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

It looks like one of the db entries related to one of your scheduled services is missing or corrupted.  If you go to Admin > System > Scheduler Details, you will see the list of scheduled jobs.  Within that list should be one called com.atlassian.jira.service.DefaultServiceManager and it should have at least 4 jobs in it.  If you "Show More", you should get the information about the jobs such as Last Run, Last Run Duration, Schedule and so forth.  One of these will have either a blank or corrupted Last Run time, or Next Run Time.  These jobs will typically equate to the jobs listed under Admin > System > Services.

Since the solution to that problem will be some form of updating the database directly, your safest solution will be to open a support ticket with Atlassian, that way they can give you the correct SQL queries needed. 

0 votes
Thiago Escobar November 29, 2016

just updating, the error has now changed 

Error occurred while starting component 'com.atlassian.jira.service.DefaultServiceManager'. caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to establish a connection with the database. (Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.)

i know this is related to the database connection, but when i run the config.sh the script says the connection test was successful.

Suggest an answer