Problem with hidden custom fields

Melissa Klaus August 9, 2017

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I created a new board dedicated to the bug reporting / fixing process of our production, and I created 3 custom fields: category, severity and reproducibility. 

Everything is displayed correctly on my account, as you can see here. Please take a minute to enjoy my MSpaint skills.

xvxxvxvxv.JPG

On the right, these three fields are displayed for each card.

On the cards themselves, the category is visible and the severity is appearing as a color on the left.

I realized this morning on a developer's computer that even if these fields are required in the "Create a issue" screen, they are not appearing anywhere but in the "Issue detail view" screen.

I checked everywhere and followed the procedure here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/specifying-field-behavior-802592555.html, but it doesn't seem to work.

What am I missing?

Thank you,
Melissa.

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

Did you put them on the create screen? 

Yes, as I said it appears in their "create an issue" screen, these fields are required.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

Sorry, I was confused. Are they on the edit screen?

No problem :) The edit screen is the name of the screen on the right when you click on a card? If yes, the fields appear on my account but not on the devs. They have to go on the full detail view to see and modify the fields.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2017

I don't know. JIRA, out of the box, doesn't have field level permission. I'd look for a plugin or script that might control what is seen on the board.

We're only using Tempo Timesheet, so it's not coming from that. And we're using a cloud version, so the script problem is ruled out I guess? 

Suggest an answer