Problem with filters

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

I have a problem with filters in JIRA. When I add some extra columns (custom fields) I can't save them to the filter and when I try to use a filter they are not visible. I can't sort with this new columns albo because when I click on the label the whole column disappear. Is there a solution?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

Hi Pawel,

we had the same problem!

It figured out that the custom-field hast to be "global" to be able to save that in filter-columns.

So, we create project-specific custom-fields with a global context (all issuetypes and all projects) and than make new project-context.

If it's a list the global default value is just "-" and than the wished options for the project-context are set in the project-context.

You have to be aware, that every project, wich have the "global-default" configuration will see those field.

Kind regards

André

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

Which columns tried you to add to your filter? Are they from third-party? Please check the log files under \logs. I suggest that there are some hints for this problem.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2014

It's possible that this custom fields are not related with the context that is used on this filter.

Check if it this custom fields are related to the proper issue type and/or project envolved. Click here for more details:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2014

No, that's not the problem. I've checked everything and it is configure properly. My custom fields are configure for my project XYZ and for issue type (task an subtask). Where is the problem in this case?

Suggest an answer