Problem with connecting jira to active directory

Marcin Rytt September 1, 2013

Hi,

just like in a topic, i have a problem / i don't know how cas i connect jira to AD. I read every tuturail and still have the same poroblem: Test retrieve user : Failed

This is my AD tree:

ABC.COM

--AA

---Workers

---Branch Office A

---Branch Office B

---Branch Office C

Could someone tell me how can i must set this ad ou's in jira ?

4 answers

0 votes

it dosn't work, i must do some wrong configuration.

my_ad_tree Could u tell in the begginig what i must choose and what set to connect jira with my ad.

In the beggining i must choole Active Directory, LDAP or what ? ;/

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2013

In the beggining i must choole Active Directory, LDAP or what ? ;/

Which LDAP server you're using? Microsoft AD, openldap, or etc.? For the differences of the selection:

Microsoft Active Directory - Synchronization type of Directory

LDAP - similar with above except you get to connect with other kind of AD such as OpenLdap.

Internal with LDAP authentication - user created in JIRA database but the password will authenticate with LDAP server

Select the correct directory, and get the connection works. Leave the other settings remain default(unless your AD are high customized) while make sure the connection works, admin user being able to retrieve.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2013

Since you are using AD, then you can use Microsoft Active Directory configuration. If you are good in Active Directory, perhaps you can use 'dsquery'

Example: dsquery user -name administrator

Where administrator is the user that you are trying to sync. From there, it will return the FQDN for the particular user to help you configure Additional User DN when needed.

When you say its not working, what is the error? Only failed to retrieve user? Does that means the connection works?

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2013

Is the Workers ou within the AA ou? If that's the case, I suppose you should use ou=Workers,ou=AA for Additional User DN

If that's still not working, empty the field and try the configuration again.

0 votes

for ex.

Base DN: dc=ABC,dc=COM

Additional User DN: ou=Workers ( or i tried Branch Office A )

Additional Group DN: ou=AA ( or i tried Workers )

i tried this configuration and didn't work

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2013

Few questions here:

1. Where's the base dn point to?
  2. Did you specify the Additional User DN there? If any, can you provide the example of the value you input?
  3. Is the user searchable with the user object filter Under User Schema Settings

Suggest an answer