Problem with activating workflow

Adriana Rašovcová November 28, 2019

I created workflow and added workflow scheme but I can't associate with project. I need active workflow but I don't know How to do it with this problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Hi @Adriana Rašovcová 

After creating the workflow you need to add it to a workflow scheme where you need to map it to an Issue Type. After that apply the workflow scheme to you project(s). The link has the details.

Ravi

Adriana Rašovcová November 28, 2019

Thank you for your answer. My problem is that I don't see field "Workflows" on the left of the Project Summary page (see picture). Do you think that it's because of a lack of license, please? Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 21.39.09.png

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2019

Hello Adriana,

From your picture, it seems that you are using a next-gen project instead of a classic project.

Currently, on Jira it is not possible to manage workflows while using next-gen projects, however, they are already working on something related to it and you can check their track on the ticket below:

The idea behind next-gen projects is to empower the project owners themselves to customize their projects based on their unique needs without bothering a Jira admin to help them. They can easily add or remove fields to their issue types, set up some interesting automated rules and more.

That being said, with next-gen projects you create columns directly on the board, instead of managing workflows. In case you would like to create a customizable workflow, the best approach would be to create a classic project where you are going to be able to create and customize your own workflow.

To check how to work with your workflow you can check the documentation below:

Hope it helps, Adriana.

Have a nice day!

Cheers!

Adriana Rašovcová December 3, 2019

Hello Carlos, 

thank you very much for your advice! Yes, this is the problem. Thank you for your help!!!

Have a nice day!

Adriana

Suggest an answer