Problem with UTF-8 encoding in webhooks output string

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

Hi,

I have created a webhook in Jira 5.2.2. I have tried to output a simple String (JSON format) with special characters č, š, ž, ć, ... in (UTF-8 encoding)

• Expected result in string: ... "body": "Test: čšžćđ",
  • My result in string: ..."body": "Test: ?????",

Where can I find the the property to change encoding of the webhook data (to be UTF-8 encoded)?

Issues in Jira and email notifications have special characters. I have also installed the Atlassians beta plugin for saving issue as a file in JSON format. String in file looks as expected: "body" : ..."Test: čšžćđ".

The article about encoding in the JIRA Knowledge Base https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Internationalisation+and+Encoding+Troubleshooting did not help me.

Some "System Info" properties: webwork.i18n.encoding = UTF-8, -Dfile.encoding=utf-8.

All comments or references will be appreciated.
Thank you
Florjan

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2013

Florjan,

I managed to replicate this behaviour on my end. Hence I have raised a but ticket to track this issue:

Webhook don't follow JIRA encoding format

I'd suggest you to add yourself as a watcher to be notify for any update regarding the bug.

Cheers,
Vicky

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

Incident has been resolved in version 6.1.

(I didn't test it yet.)

0 votes
apsua January 8, 2014

Are there any workaround for JIRA Version 5.2.11. We cant update to newer version.

Suggest an answer