Problem with UPM Pugin JIRA

Fernando Horn[MLV Consultoria] April 25, 2013

Hi Everyone

I'm having some problems regarding the UPM plugin default from JIRA. Apparently this plugin is inactive in my application, and causing completed chaos.

All because I need this plugin to disable, enable,use to manage my license from other plugin and everything, and this plugin being inactive, I can not manage, and also do not have permission to ENABLE the UPM plugin.

I've tried restarting JIRA, removing the default plugins folder and always when Istart the JIRA plugin is DISABLED.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

HI, we create a support ticket: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-158848 and this issue was resolved.

Follow the resolution from Atlassian Team:

"I believe we've finally found out the cause of this problem - we've created a test environment here in which we were able to replicate the problem, and thereafter fix it.

To sum up the problem: JIRA was not able to enable the Universal Plugin Manager due to "Failure initializing default SSL context", and the root cause of this was:

Caused by: java.security.KeyStoreException: problem accessing trust storejava.io.IOException: Invalid keystore format
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.TrustManagerFactoryImpl.engineInit(TrustManagerFactoryImpl.java:55)
	at javax.net.ssl.TrustManagerFactory.init(TrustManagerFactory.java:230)
…

It appears that this invalid keystore format error is happening on account of the way that the certificate was being loaded through the <tt>setenv.sh</tt> - although the path and password was specified, the keystore format was not, which caused JIRA to try reading it as a .jsk file. To correctly set the certificate in the setenv, you'd need to add <tt>-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType = pkcs12</tt> as well.

Anyhow, as you have already configured this in the <tt>server.xml</tt>, I'd actually advise you to remove the parameters from the <tt>setenv.sh</tt> file and only leave it in on the server.xml. After making the modifications, please restart JIRA and see if the problem is fixed."

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

You must have some error in the logs which will should indicate the real issue. Post them here ;)

Suggest an answer