Problem with Original Estimate field

Alvaro Vega March 9, 2015

Dear, we are having a problem with the Original Estimate field.
Upon loading an Issue, this field is mandatory, which is placed an estimated time but querere Save the message that appears Required field.

Deputy image, which shows that this placed the value of two hours, but the message, while creating the Issue.

Ah loaded to support Atlassian issue (Reference: JST-130517), and they have indicated that the problem is in the Add-on. At the same time I have been asked to enter this query to you for help.

They can do?

2 answers

0 votes

I have a probllem with de Original Estimate.

Upon loading an Issue, this field is mandatory, which is placed an estimated time but querere Save the message that appears Required field.

Deputy image, which shows that this placed the value of two hours, but the message, while creating the Issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2015

We can't read your support requests, and you have not told us what addon it is.

But.  What happens if you remove the addon?  Does it work then?

This is the support answer: Elisa Diel [Atlassian] 09/Mar/15 11:59 AM Hi Alvaro, good morning! So, I've heard from our developers on that bug report and apparently this problem is on the 3rd-party add-on (JIRA Suite Utilities) and not on the JIRA side. I'd encourage you to contact their Support team regarding this matter. Kind Regards, Elisa Diel Atlassian Support | Cloud

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2015

Ok, so what is the actual problem? It sounds like you have made "original estimate" mandatory in the field configuration, but I don't understand " which is placed an estimated time but querere Save the message that appears Required field." And again, what happens if you disable/remove the jira suite utilities addon?

Alvaro Vega March 10, 2015

The specific problem is that I need the Original Estimate field, is required at the time of loading, in the Issues where it is incorporated. Currently, if I put the field as required, after incorporating the value and press "create" an error message requesting a value you enter is displayed, being that already indicated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2015

I'm sorry, you want it mandatory, but not? I don't understand this.

Original_Estimate.png

The picture describe the action. As seen in the Original Estimate field, loaded value (2h). But pressing the "Create" button, the top message "Original Estimate is required"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2015

Ah! I understand now. Sorry! Could you check something else for us? Go into the "field configuration" for the project and issue type. Look for the field "original estimate". Is it listed at all? Then: If it is listed, can you check if it is required or not? If it is NOT listed, could you find the field called "time tracking" and check if that is required or not?

Suggest an answer