Problem with Create Sub-task Post Function

Constant Percosky February 4, 2015

We are using the Post-Script Function to Create Sub-task during a transition.  We have implemented this already in our workflow but yesterday we discovered we do not have the ability to change the existing Create Sub-task post functions or add new ones.  It appears as an option, but when we click on the link nothing happens.  Other function calls in the Post-Script Function module seem to respond normally, Create Sub-task is the only one not doing anything.  Please let me know if you have experienced this or know what could be the issue.  Thank you.

JIRA v6.3.8 

JIRA Agile v6.6.51

Script Runner 3.0.7

10 answers

0 votes
Dave Scheet February 5, 2015
0 votes
David Nickell February 4, 2015

If your post function isn't letting you in to edit, one trick that may help is changing the order of the post functions in the transition (e.g. move up or down).

But it sounds like your issue now is the existence of two draft workflows.  Can you copy the workflow to some other name?  If not, can you export to XML and then re-import as a new name?  While you have the XML in hand you can remove the Post Function pretty easily if that is what you want to do.

Hope this helps - good luck!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

I would contact Atlassian Support, you probably won't need direct db access.

0 votes
Dave Scheet February 4, 2015

I think we found our issue....now fixing is a different issue, as our db admin is out for the next few days. {"message":"java.lang.IllegalStateException: There are more than one draft workflows associated with the workflow named 'I/S App Dev - Main Flow'","status-code":500,

0 votes

This all started after we upgraded JIRA Agile and a few other plugins. Script Runner was not updated.

0 votes

Constant (CJ) isnt able to respond anymore because he doesnt have enough Atlassian points. He has tried in IE9 and Chrome. I pulled it up in FF with firebug on and got this. POST https://...../rest/scriptrunner/la...jira.workflow.postfunctions.CreateSubTask/params 500 Internal Server Error Why would we be getting a 500 error?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

what browser?

0 votes

It does not bring up any of the parameters that were previously entered

0 votes

Yes I click the Edit (pencil looking thing) and it brings up: Select script Click on a script and add parameters. For running your own code select Custom script post-function. Create a sub-task [link] Create a sub-task. Will optionally reopen a matching sub-task.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2015

you're clicking the little edit icon right? Are there any javascript errors?

Suggest an answer