Problem when exporting in Excel

Julien Ledoux January 13, 2014

Hi,

I try to export my issues in Excel.

If I choose "Export Excel (All fields)" from the "issue page", checklists fields are exported with all Checkbox. Generated Excel file is bigger (x10) and doesn't open with more than 50 issues.

Is it possible to remove checkbox component in Excel files genereated and keep checklist data?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2015

Have you tried using the Better Excel Plugin exports?

You are using a 3rd party field, so it is not guaranteed to work, but it is worth a try. Even if it doesn't, a feature request is welcome at info at midori-global.com.

0 votes
Julien Ledoux January 19, 2014

Yes, I use the "checklist field" plugin. It's very useful but it causes a problem while exporting in Excel

When I export "all data in Excel" from the result issue page in JIRA, this plugin add in Excel the "checkbox component" whereas the native JIRA checkbox doesn't add this component in Excel (see attached image)

It would be nice if checklist fields could have the same export type as the native JIRA checkbox.

Currently, I can't export all data in Excel because of this plugin. More than 50 issues, Excel crashes.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2014

Not really, you're asking for "all fields", so it's exporting them all.

I assume you're using the "checklist field" plugin - it sounds like that needs some work by the author on changing the excel export to a more excel-friendly format.

Suggest an answer