Problem when creating mail handler for creating jira issues from email

DeepakBhatia January 7, 2013

Hi,

When I create a new mail handler, I get the below error.

Regards

Deepak Bhatia

Test Run Results

Summary:

• 2 messages read from the server.
  • 2 messages rejected.

Found 2 message(s) in the pop3 folder.
Reporter (qa.person) does not have permission to create an issue. Message rejected.
Reporter (qa.person) does not have permission to create an issue. Message rejected.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2013

Hi Deepak,

You might want to check whether the user have permission to create issue on the mail handler's associated project.

If you are using Jira version 5.2 and above, you can actually use admin helper> permission helper to help you diagnose.

Thank you, cheers.

Hi Richie,

I have a POP3 Email account from where JIRA Mail Handler will read the mails and put to the Project Selected as task. Why I am getting the issue of qa.person not able to create the task ?

Thanks

Deepak

Hi Richie, The person who sent mail on the POP3 email which mail handler is scanning is given rights to create the issue and this problem went away. But the email is not getting downloaded from
POP3 email inbox.

Thanks

Deepak

Thanks Richie...

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2013

Sorry Deepak that I noticed your comment a bit late, however, glad to know that you manage to find out the root cause of your problem :)

About you email not getting downloaded, at current point I am unsure what are you facing, and I would suggest that you write in to support.atlassian.com for assistance if you need one

Hope that helps, cheers :)

DeepakBhatia January 8, 2013

Sorry I didn't update that emails are getting downloaded now....

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2013

good to hear that :)

Suggest an answer