It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Problem when clicking a file hyperlink in JIRA 4.3.4 on Chrome 14.0.835.202

Link formatted as:

[link text|/////server_name/folder/folder/folder/file.extension]

Works in IE9

Error message from javascript console is:

"2 Not allowed to load local resource: file://server/folder/folder/folder/file.extension"

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kris Gorman Oct 11, 2011
1 vote
Zicong Xiu Oct 10, 2011

I came across a similar problem with firefox. The reason is that Firefox does not allow users to access remote share driver, and this is an internal setting that users cannot change except installing plugins. I believe it is the same situation you met. you can search for plugins on google or add a note to ask users download with IE.

0 votes
Ravi Gupta Jul 07, 2017 • edited

if you need any help regarding microsoft services or  hotmail issues or any other email related issues you can contact hotmail support

0 votes
Ravi Gupta Jul 07, 2017

if you need any help regarding Microsoft services you can contact hotmail support

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Here’s what we’re doing to make Jira Cloud faster

Hello Community 🤗 I’m Nikhil, a Product Manager on the Jira Cloud team working on performance improvements. Performance is an ongoing journey and we continue to invest heavily in it. We under...

107 views 0 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you