Problem using "move issue" and type "task"

Emilie Yeager September 21, 2015

I'm beating my head against the wall trying to resolve this issue.

I try to do a "Move Issue" from one project to another project, Current and New Issues Types are the same: "Task". When I hit the "Next" button, I keep getting the error: "The issue type selected is invalid."

All our projects have the same Issue Type Scheme. I have noticed oddly that the "Default Issue Type Scheme" does NOT have all the issue types in it (even though the description of it claims that all issue types are automatically added to this scheme). Even still, all of our projects aren't even using the default scheme, they are all using one I've created called "Task Tracking" including these three issue types: Epic, Task, Sub-task.

However, I have successfully moved issues only using the Bulk move tool.

Any guidance here is greatly appreciated.

NOTE: This is a hosted JIRA environment. We cannot update the DB manually.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015
Emilie Yeager September 22, 2015

This is a hosted JIRA environment. We cannot update the DB manually.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

oh ok :)

Suggest an answer