Problem to mark Story as completed

Sandro Alves January 11, 2016
Hi,

I have some stories that are completed but this resolution as not resolved and I don't the stories don't come out of the backlog. How to change the status to resolved and thus be able to complete my sprint without having those stories in the backlog.

Thank you

7 answers

1 vote
Guys,
Thanks for your help, I managed to solve the problem. I moved to another project tasks and changed the status with this to move back to the correct project I managed to solve the problem.

Thank you

Bing helped me in translation:)
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2016

Ok, fixing them is a bit of a pain if you can't reopen them.

Option 1: Add a transition from Done to Done (possibly with the condition "only admin") and have that also have the screen or post-function to set the resolution

Option 2: TEMPORARILY while no-one else is using JIRA, add "resolution" to the edit screen.  You must remove it after you've corrected the issues though

With either of these fixes, you then use bulk-edit to transtion/edit and set the resolution.

Lisa Reilly January 11, 2016

I've ran into this issue before and found Option 1 to be quicker and fixes the problem more reliably

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2016

That's why I put it first ;-) It's by far the best option, because you're not relying on downtime, and it has absolutely the least impact on the issues - a single change is made to them, at any time it's convenient for you.

0 votes
OK, I hit my stream, but there's how to fix the past? the STORIES that are DONE I am not able to change the status in order to traverse the stream again and so change the RESOLUTION status to resolved.

Any hints on how to do this I have even if you delete those stories and do it again?

image2016-1-11 10:19:13.png
0 votes

Yes, I followed the flow but no story has been marked as resolved. Look at the image belowimage2016-1-11 9:49:19.png

image2016-1-11 9:52:2.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2016

Ok, your workflow is missing functions as Joe said earlier. You need to make sure your workflow transitions into all the status that are "done" have either a transition screen with resolution on it, OR they all have a post-function that says "set resolution to <something>" (Also, remember to add "set resolution to none" on transitions from "done" to "not-done")

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2016

Are you moving the stories into the "done" column on the board?  What happens then?

0 votes
OK,

but now I've concluded the sprint, the story this as complete but not marked as resolved and I'm not getting marks it as resolved and with that I can't go on with my duties. Is there any way to manually set those stories as resolved or I have to delete the stories and rewrites them?
0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2016

they need to be put through a transition to set the resolution. All workflows should have a transition to do this.

Suggest an answer