• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Problem to create user with jira rest client

Hi,

I try to create an user with the api rest client, but I have an error : Application access permissions cannot be modified via REST in Cloud.

The API generate a request like this: 

{
"emailAddress": "titi@titi.com",
"displayName": "titi Krystof",
"applicationKeys": []
}

But this request is not able to create an user because applicationKeys is deprecated with API V3.

With postman if i remove the param applicationKeys, it's working, but with the API I cannot remove this parameter even if I put null inside.

Thanks for your response

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Clément Balaÿ ,

Fist I want to point out the that the endpoint for creating a new user that can be seen in the documentation at  "POST /rest/api/3/user", is an experimental endpoint meaning it is subject to change without notice, and it has been updated several times recently with all the changes for GDPR compliances, so anything that you do set up on this endpoint should not be relied on in a production scenario until the endpoint is finalized, and you should also  keep an eye on the documentation for any updates to the formatting when these changes are applied.

But looking at the API docs the format should be input as follows for an example CURL command:

curl --request POST \
--url '/rest/api/3/user' \
--user 'email@example.com:<api_token>' \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data '{
"password": "abracadabra",
"emailAddress": "mia@atlassian.com",
"displayName": "Mia Krystof",
"name": ""
}'

Noting the Name portion is deprecated currently but still required in the input with an null value:

name

string

The username for the user. This property is deprecated because of privacy changes. See the migration guide for details.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you