Problem setting Component Lead during post function script

I'm intend to update the component lead during runtime. I'd created a post function script to perform the following:

import com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.component.ProjectComponent;
import com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.component.MutableProjectComponent;
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.component.ProjectComponentManager

long pid = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager().getProjectObjByKey("XXXX").getId();
ProjectComponentManager projectComponentManager = ComponentAccessor.getProjectComponentManager();
ProjectComponent existingComponent = projectComponentManager.findByComponentName(pid, "YYYY");
MutableProjectComponent newComponent = MutableProjectComponent.copy(existingComponent);
newComponent.setName("NAME");
newComponent.setDescription("DESC");
newComponent.setLead("PERSON");
projectComponentManager.update(newComponent);

Observed that the user name did not populate and update correctly (shown as '?' on the Project -> Component Screen).

Same script had been trigger on the Script Console and it works just fine.

Any idea what was the problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CIMB Bank SG IT Service Management Team September 10, 2013

Hi Jamie,

I'd found the problem, user id imported from AD are being converted and cache as lower case by default.

I just added .toLowerCase() on the new Lead and it solved the problem.

Thanks for your help. :)

0 votes
CIMB Bank SG IT Service Management Team September 10, 2013

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the response. I'd tested a few rounds and noticed that by setting the Lead Name to a user id from our Active Directory, it ended the results as "User does not exist".

but if i set it to a JIRA user from JIRA internal directory, it seems being set correctly.

Any idea what could went wrong?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

If it works from admin console it should work from a post-function. Are all the parameters definitely the same?

Suggest an answer