Problem of changing resolution in a jira ticket (GreenHopper).

Joe Rattanamaneesilp January 7, 2014

Hi there,

I'm working on a project using GreenHopper workflow. When I tried to change a status of a jira ticket to Resolved or Closed, it doesn't have a popup to allow me to change resolution.

Is there any configuration I can set to make sure that when a user changes the status to Resolved or Closed, the resolution popup will appear?

Cheers,

Joe

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

It purely depends on the workflow configuration. If you check the current workflow associated with the issue type you will observe that there is no screen associated with the transition from Resolved to Closed. If you need that transition to pop-up a screen, edit it and add a screen that contains the 'Resolution' field.

Joe Rattanamaneesilp January 7, 2014

Hi Renjith,

Thanks. I have added that screen into the status and I have got the popup after selecting the status. The resolution can be selected in the popup. Unfortunately, after closing the popup, the resolution field in the jira ticket is not updated.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2014

Are you having any other post functions in the same transition that is clearing the value?

Suggest an answer