Problem logging in after restore

Joe Stokes August 2, 2016

i have my own license for jira and i restored a backup from a different license (I specified my license on the restore panel).  the restore worked but i'm not able to login.  i am using the internal JIRA database.  I have a login In the backup version that was restored but it doesn't work.  How do I get logged in?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

You must have an accessible account in the restore file. If this account isn't accessible, you'll need to modify the database directly to obtain an account – 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html

You should also tail the Application Log to make sure you are seeing all relevant information.

Joe Stokes August 2, 2016

Thanks.  The name of the file in the database folder is h2db.mv.db, it's 7.5 MB.  When I bring up hsqldb-1.8.0.5.jar there are no tables.  The help says the file should be named jiradb.

Sorry, I'm new to JIRA.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Consider this – Install a fresh copy, tail the application logs, and then perform the import again. Make sure the job finishes correctly or post any errors you find.

Also, you should not use the embedded database – It is susceptible to corruption. 

Suggest an answer