Problem in "Recently Created Issues Report"

Nilesh Deshmukh October 17, 2019

In the Reports section for "Recently Created Issues Report" for the column
""Created Issues (Resolved)"" when I click on any issue count digit, it shows me below Jira query.

project = VEGA AND created >= 2019-10-17 AND created <= "2019-10-17 23:59" AND NOT resolution = Unresolved

Here project name is VEGA.Here for every query it by default generates condition as ""AND NOT resolution = Unresolved""
For this I have added "Resolution" system field in Software Development Bug Screen scheme for project.

Now the problem is whenever some one is creating any issues ,while creating issues its showing
Resolution as Mandatory field. Resolution field needs to be updated only when issue is resolved or /closed
but while creating or editing also its asking to enter values.

Q. Is there any way to make this field as non-mandatory?

I have tried with some default value as N/A (Not applicable ) for Resolution field. But this way
"Recently Created Issues Report" not shows properly , I mean issues with "New" status also getting shown in Resolved issues column in report
as making by default 'N/A ' satisfies condition as NOT resolution = Unresolved which gets generated in query.
Also tried with un-selecting Resolution check box in 'Configure Fields' dropdown.
Also tried with adding new query in filter and using that filter but while applying filter all the issue count in
"Created Issues(Unresolved)" coming as Zero.
Kindly suggest suitable way to overcome this report problem.

Regards

Nilesh Dehsmukh

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2019

Hi Nilesh Deshmukh,
Resolution is an special field, and its always mandatory on each screen the field appears.

You should place only in a transicion screen within the transition/s that go to a final status OR configure a postfunction to automatically populate this value after transition to a final status.

For old issues you must bulk edit it to populate the field resolution, as well.

Check carefully the Solution section of Best practices on using the "Resolution" field page.

Let us know if we can further help you with this topic or if this adivice solves your problem,
Regards

Suggest an answer