Problem in importing oracle 11g dump into Jira 4.2

Anandhi A November 21, 2012

Hi,

I installed Oracle 11G and imported the dump into it using 'impdp' command. After that i configured Jira and pointed it to Oracle Database and tested the connection successfully.

But when i start Jira and open it in my browser, i cannot find the data that was imported. Is there anything that i need to do inorder to view my data.

Jira: 4.2

Oracle: 11G

Dump was from Oracle 10G Database

Please help me out of this.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Hi Anandhi,

May I know what data did you imported into the Oracle 11g, which is currently used by your JIRA 4.2? After configuring JIRA to use the new database, may I know if JIRA startup successfully? Can you view your issues when accessing the instance?

Anyway things that we can try to check here is that, can you kindly try to perform indexing and see if it helps?

Cheers.

Anandhi A November 22, 2012

Hi Ahmad,

I imported data from Oracle 10 G database to Oracle 11G database in my system and made Jira 4.2 point to this oracle instance and the connection was successful. Jira startup was also successfull without any errors and i configured the user account etc at the Jira startup. Then, i logged in to http://localhost:8080 where Jira is running.

I could find only a fresh Jira Environment, but not any data from the database that Jira is pointing to. There are no issues, projects, users etc. Its a new Jira.

Note: The Oracle dump was imported correctly and i was able to view all the tables and data using sqlplus.

0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2012

Re-index JIRA.

After a DB import you should remove <jira_home>/caches directory, restart JIRA and then re-index.

Anandhi A November 22, 2012

Re-indexing helped me and now i can view all my data in Jira...Thank u all....:):)

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2012

Great to know that Anandi. :)

Feel free to reach out to Atlassian Support if you have any other problem with your Atlassian product.

Cheers.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2012

I'm afraid "cannot find the data that was imported" is not very informative. Could you explain that? Is just searching broken, or is the data not there at all? What data is missing? Can you see projects and users etc, but not issues? Does it look like an empty Jira completely, or is there something there?

Could you also look at your log file, as that will tell you if any significant errors occurred and possibly exactly what is wrong.

Suggest an answer