Problem in Sending a custom email using Script Runner plugin

Madhanaa Rajendran July 11, 2013

Hi,

I'm new to Script Runner plugin.

The problem we are facing is, we have added the script to send a custom email which we got in the below link.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15272864/jira-for-bug-tracking-and-customer-support

I'm getting exception when running the script. Please help me out in resolving the exception.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhanaa S R

2 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

as @Chrishtian told without log, no one will help you

have you gone through the following doc

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Sendacustomemail

Yes. I have gone through the document. We actually want to send emails to external users. So we went for the script in the link mentioned above.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

We need the exception, not the task...

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

What Christian said. And see https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Getting%20Help#GettingHelp-Supportrequests for exactly what you need to provide.

javax.script.ScriptException: javax.script.ScriptException: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: issue for class: Script31
at org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.eval(GroovyScriptEngineImpl.java:117)
at javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(AbstractScriptEngine.java:216)
at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyRunner.runFile(GroovyRunner.java:110)
at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyRunner.run(GroovyRunner.java:61)
at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyRunner.doExecute(GroovyRunner.java:244)
at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:165).....

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

This is in the code you are providing - can you post a screenshot of the whole configuration page

Madhanaa Rajendran July 12, 2013

Ok. Is there any way to get the issue key when an issue is created? If so please share me the code..

I'm getting error when we use issue.getKey(). And the error is

javax.script.ScriptException: javax.script.ScriptException: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: issue for class

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2013

The problem is I don't know where you are using this, which is why I'm requesting the screenshot.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

Hey,

even if I can't help you others might... but I doubt that they will be able to help if you don't provide details about the exception (log excerpt)

Cheers

Christian

Suggest an answer