Problem in Jira 4.3.4 in IE9

Rumceisz June 12, 2012

Hi All,

many of my users complained that they cannot use the More Actions menu of an issue: they can't drop down the menu.

They use Internet Explorer 9.

I think there have to be set something in the browser..

Can you please help?

Many thanks,

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

v4.3.4 is not compatible with IE9. You might find the menu appears at the bottom of the page instead. Sometimes not at all.

Our only course of action was to move to Chrome/Firefox until we could get upgraded to JIRA V5

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

...or downgrade to IE8 (which, to complicate matters, is not compatible with IE9 lol)

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2012
Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2012
Rumceisz June 12, 2012

Hi David,

many thanks for the answers!

I heard earlier that IE9 is not supported, but the weird thing is that the users could use these More Actions menu of an issue. And suddenly thay cannot anymore.

Rumceisz June 12, 2012

MOST IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

It works for me in IE9! What could be a problem with the other users?

0 votes
Wayne Branagh November 14, 2012

Try turning off compatibility mode in the browser. This works for 4.4.4.

0 votes
Rumceisz June 12, 2012

Hi,

any idea?

Suggest an answer