Problem facing in date format while extracting excel view ?

jayasingh January 15, 2013

Hi All,

I have developed a custom plugin. In that plugin while extracting the excel sheet, there we are having one field named as "Created". In this field, date format is not showing as in html view. When we change the settings in excel sheet then only i am able to see the correct date format.

Kindly suggest to resolve this

Thanks,

Jayasingh

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

You have to give more details, Jaya.

1. What is this 'extracting the excel sheet'? Is this the Excel view from Issue Navigator?
  2. Is your pluging adding a custom field?
  3. If yes, when you open the excel sheet in a text editor what value are you seeing in that field?
  4. When you say it is not showing correct format, what is it showing?
0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi Jayasingh

Is this a plugin related to JIRA?

If it is, have you tried to review the content from Look and Feel and from Administration -> General Configuration -> Advanced?

In the Look and Feel screen you will be able to edit date/time format and on Advaced General Configuration you will be able to check the generated dates format (which I believe will affect what you want).

Cheers

Suggest an answer