Problem With Subtask and Setcustomfield

Alex Diaz April 10, 2014

Hi there,

I'm a newbie with script runner and groovy. I have a problem and i hope you can help guys. Let's say;

We have a parent issue and under it we have one or more subtask. In the subtasks we have select list multi choice custom fields lets say 2 for now. Users do transitions on subtasks and fill those customfields in the normal flow. After these fields filled, i want to see them in the parent issue.

Subtask1 => HR: Test, Recruitment

Sales: Purchase, Direct Selling

Subtask2 => HR: Sack, Trainings

Sales: Mass Market, Direct Selling

Parent => HR: Test, Recruitment, Sack, Trainings

Sales: Purchase, Direct Selling, Mass Market, Direct Selling

In this example, HR and Sales my customfields and i want to see them in the parent issue as i described. The code has to get all subtask customfield values and move it to parent issue.

Can we do that? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2014

Hey there,

if you want to set fieldvalues from the subtask to it's parent or parents you can do this with post-functions in the workflow - if not in the normal workflow set a new transition in all status which is conditioned for a special group or role.

Hope this is a valid solution for your doing.

Greets
Simon 

Suggest an answer