Problem Creating a Notification Email on Transition

perdue_brandon_vast-inc_com July 24, 2017

Hello All - 

I am having trouble with somthing that (I think) should be easy to do. At a certain transition in my workflow I would like to have an email notification sent to a person. 

From the screenshots you can see that I've configured Issues Assigned to an email address, and I've added the Issues Assigned event to my post function. Currently no email gets sent out when an Issue goes through this transition.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I'm missing? Thanks in advance. Issue Assigned.pngPost Function.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

When you use the "Single email address" notitication in a JIRA notification scheme, there is a still a matter of whether or not that user/email address actually has the permissions to view this issue (in JIRA).  I'm not sure if that is the case here, but it seems like the most likely cause for this not working as expected.

This option for a "single email address notification" only works if the project is public and the "Browse" permission on that project is set to the "Anyone" group.  There is also a note about this when you configure this the first time:

Notifications will be sent only for public issues. Public issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone'(any non-logged-in users).

See also Creating a notification scheme

Suggest an answer