Private teams showing up on other plans

Rikki Worsfold December 8, 2016

Hello, 

I am having issues the teams in Portfolio 2.1.5. When I create a private team and assign it to issues in my planning board, to do the "what if" scenarios, the team changes in my other portfolio plans. 

Example, if I have a Portfolio board called "Future project planning" and I import some epics and stories that are assigned, in reality, to the shared team team Rebel Alliance. 

image2016-12-8 16:48:27.png

This is consistent in both my 'Future Project Planning' Portfolio and my 'MyPeople Portfolio'. 

image2016-12-8 16:47:28.png

image2016-12-8 16:47:53.png

I want to try out some scenarios, so I create a private team called 'Ply private team' and create some virtual users. 

If I change the stories in my 'Future Project Planning' board to the 'Ply private team', and commit, they then update in the 'MyPeople Portfolio' as well. 

image2016-12-8 16:52:0.png

image2016-12-8 16:52:28.png

I was under the impression that private teams would be limited to their specific plan. I need the stories to stay assigned to the real teams they are allocated, but I want to be able to do planning on another board, with virtual people, and not mess things up elsewhere. Otherwise what is the point of the private vs. shared teams?

1 answer

0 votes
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2016

Hi Rikki,

The reason that data is showing in other plans is because you are committing your changes. 

When you commit changes from Portfolio they will be applied to the JIRA issue – think estimate, parent, team, anything. The act of committing makes the what-if state the actual state, and that change will be visible across JIRA, Portfolio or anywhere else you can see the issue. Portfolio will always take the data on the issue as the source of truth and thus it will surface in other plans. 

See our docs on committing changes, https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/committing-your-plan-changes-828785217.html

If you want to keep your changes in Portfolio as a what-if scenario, don't commit your changes until you're happy with them. Portfolio will store them inside the plan, so they will not be lost.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Allard 

Suggest an answer