Private issues by anonymous users

Dani March 18, 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to allow anonymous users to create private issues using issue-level security but they are not able to select the security level I created. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

what have you done so far?

view your projects permission scheme

"browse project" & "create issue" should have "Group=anyone"

Dani March 18, 2013

Yes, those permissions are set correctly.

Currently anonymous users are able to create and view issues, but are unable to set a security level other than "none", the dropdown only has that option for them.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

security level should be set by anonymous too?

let me try to figure out....

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

oh ok please check this

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Setting+Security+on+an+Issue

• A person can only set an issue to a Security Level of which they are a member. This prevents the issue from being set to a Security Level of which nobody is a member and effectively becoming 'lost'.

i was wondering how you would get this done if your anonymous user could be everybody...whichsecurity would match here?

• If the person does not have the 'Set Issue Security' permission then the default Security Level will be used. This may mean that the issue created is not visible to the person that created it. (Issue Level Security should be configured by your administrator such that this does not happen.)

just set a default value for issue security that will used if anonymous creates an issue but note that anonymous won't be able to view the issue...

Dani March 18, 2013
I'll try that when I get home. Thank you :)
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

ok so set default secuity level that allows developers & admins role only

Dani March 18, 2013
The idea is to allow users to report issues that only the developers can see. We want this so they can report security flaws in our project.
Dani March 19, 2013

It doesn't work as the security-level dropdown in the create issue window only has the "none" option for anonymous users. Thanks for answering, though :)

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013
Yeah thats absolutely correct. There is nothing you can set up to be able choosing an issue security level as anonymous user. But you can define a default issue security level per project which will automatically set any created issues security level. You need to set the default inside the issue permission area

Suggest an answer