Private Comments Field

Vish Bhotla December 10, 2012

Is it possible to have a custom field called "Private Comments" and have the functionaly similar to the regular comments.

Let me know if my question isn't clear.

And I would like to restrict these comments field to be viewable only by the value of a selected custom field "Assigned Team"

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

There is no comment custom field in JIRA. At the most, you will be able to add a text field but you won't get the threads and such. You can probably develop a plugin that adds this functionality.

Vish Bhotla December 16, 2012

Thanks Jobin. I am not a Jira expert but will have to start thinking on how these plugins can be developed.

0 votes
Clemens Luebbers October 14, 2014

Does someone have a solution for this problem?

Our users request similiar functionality. Special kind of comments should be hold in a separate comment-log.

Purpose: The volume of the special kind comments may be big, but is only used sometimes. The volume of these comments makes the regular comment view cluttered, therefore a separate comment field is required.
Restriction of who can view a comment is not sufficient.

José Gomes Pedro October 21, 2017

Hi! Did you find a way to reach this goal?

0 votes
Derrick Taylor David December 11, 2012

What about using the regular comments field and restricting viewing to a specific Jira group?

Vish Bhotla December 16, 2012

Derrick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am looking for two comments fields - first for communicating with the users and second for internal use within the team.

Suggest an answer