Privacy setting for Internal Issues of Tempo for publishing activity on Activity stream

Panshul Gupta March 3, 2013

Hello,

I am using Tempo plugin to log work into my Jira,

I have created some tasks in a separate project which are being used as internal issues by Tempo.

When I log work using Tempo for these internal issues, It gets published to the Activity stream as all other activities.

My Question: is there some way, I can restrict some of the activities like the internal issues from certain users from being logged to the activity stream?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

You might want to revoke Browse permission on the internal issues but keep Log Work permission. That way they will be accessible in Tempo but will not be accessble in JIRA.

Panshul Gupta March 4, 2013

Thank you for the answer.

But can you please guide me, from where can I set those permissions??

I could not find them.

Thanking You,

Regards,

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

I am no expert in JIRA administration but this page should be helpful: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Basically you are interested in "Browse Projects" and "Work on Issues". I would create a new JIRA Permission Scheme called "Internal Issues". Set Browse Projects only to admin users and "Work on Issues" to everyone who is allowed to log work. Then assign this scheme to your internal project(s) or use issue permission scheme if the internal issues are in another project that can't use this scheme.

Suggest an answer