Printing out an Approved Confluence page for archiving

John April 25, 2020

Hello,

I am about to promote the use of Comala workflows as a documentation management system for the Project Managers at my job. Before I can do this I have to demonstrate that it's possible to print signed documents (the Confluence page) with all Approvals embedded. This use case stems from the need to comply with a Records Retention policy that requires PDFs of signed project artefacts be stored on archived media for seven years.

In my tests, the Confluences pages that use Comala workflows are printed out without any eSignature. Is there a way to force the printing of the workflow reviews, perhaps in a footer page of the document?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2020

Hello @John,

This is possible. The easiest way to include this is to use the markup editor (https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Markup+Editor+in+workflow+builder) and test the following markup:

{workflow:name=Approval in Footer}
{pagefooter:visibility=all}
----
h1. Approval status
|| Document Status |{pagestatus}|
|| Approved By |{get-metadata:approvedby}|
|| Approval Date/Time |{get-metadata:approveddate}|
|| Approval Comment |{get-metadata:approvalcomment}
{pagefooter}
{state:In Progress|approved=Approved|taskable=true}
{approval:Review|assignable=true}
{state}
{state:Approved|final=true|updated=In Progress|hideselection=true}
{state}
{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review}
{set-metadata:approvedby}@Review>approvers>wiki-link@{set-metadata}
{set-metadata:approveddate}@datetime@{set-metadata}
{set-metadata:approvalcomment}@approvalcomment@{set-metadata}
{trigger}
{workflow}

If you have any questions please let me know here, or if you prefer reach out to our support team at https://support.comalatech.com 

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

John May 3, 2020

James, this works. I don't know how, and I've spent more time that I care to admit reading up on macros, triggers and workflow states, but it works. Thank you.

Stella Chung May 6, 2021

Hi, is this possible with Cloud? If so, how? Thank you!

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

Hi Stella,

We currently do not have this capability in Comala Document Management Cloud, however it is something that we are looking to add.

Could you contact me via https://support.comalatech.com with some more details of your use case so that I can confirm we'll be able to support your needs.

Thanks in advance

James
Senior Product Manager

Stella Chung May 7, 2021

Hi James, 

Thank you for your response. I have submitted a Support request already, and it says it has been received and is being reviewed. The support ticket number is SUPPORT-10736. Please let me know of any updates. Thank you!

Vitaly Pykhtin September 7, 2023

Hello @James Conway

it's been quite awhile since the question has been raised.
I'd be very keen to learn if print out of approved pages has been extended to Cloud version too.

Appreciate your kind response!

Suggest an answer