Printable View

sylvia ganovska April 23, 2012

Hello,

I have installed jira 5.0.1 and have a question regarding the "View > Printable" option for Issues. I can not open up links in the same window, only in the new Window. These are the steps I follow:

1)Login to Jira

2)Open the Issue filter

3) Switch the view to Printable

4)In the printable view, click on any link

5)The link could be opened only "In the new window", not in the same one.

Is it a bug or just a feature?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Opens in the same window for me in 5.0.2! Did you try in another browser?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Must have been a bug that is fixed in 5.0.2!

I have tested the issue on the following browsers – Firefox, Opera, IE

And on the following platforms – Linux, Windows.

I have tested it with jira 5.0.3 here : https://jira.atlassian.com/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-printable/temp/SearchRequest.html?jqlQuery=&tempMax=200

If I click on "Key" or "Summary" link, the link could not be opened in the current window/tab.

Is there any workaround for this "issue"?

0 votes
Thomas Doan April 26, 2012

I am experiencing a somewhat similar issue. I upgraded to JIRA 5.0.2 and now in Views->Printable all the hyperlinks does nothing when clicking on them. But the weird thing is if you right click and select open in new tab or new windows, it works just fine. This is happening in both FF and IE for me.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Suggest an answer