Print Multiple Customer Agile Cards From Kanban Board

Luke August 1, 2017

Can anyone please advise whether there is a way to print multiple  Kanban cards from the Kanban board using a template that I have created?

I have created my own custom Kanban card template and would like to select multiple cards from any column on the board by clicking on them and print them using the custom template.

From the Kanban board however, when I select multiple cards and click 'Agile Cards' the option to choose different saved custom layouts does not come up. 

It will only give me the option to 'Print Column' and this results in printing all cards in a specific column and creates a generic card that does not contain the information I need. 

The option to use my own template only becomes available when I click on an individual story/issue title and then select 'Print Issue' from that screen. 

This is time consuming and wasteful as I can only print 1 issue per piece of A4 paper. 

I feel there must be a simple way to print multiple selected issues using the custom layout I created but so far I haven't been able to find it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2017

Hi @Luke, @[deleted]

If you use JIRA Server you can use the Agile Board Filter add-on to filter out the board and print all visible cards

Additionally if you use Agile Cards + Agile Board Filter you'll be able to print unprinted cards only. See how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dpfynLXzE

unprinted.png

Luke August 15, 2017

Thanks for your reply Przemyslaw, and also for the video. 

In the video it is showing pretty much what I would like to do but on my version it is not coming up the same. 

The template offered when printing from the Kanban board is not the one I have created, and there is no option to change the template like there is when I choose to print it from the issues navigator. 

Im thinking maybe it is an issue with how it has been implemented as clearly in this video I should be able to view, edit and select my custom card template from either the Kanban board or the issues navigator. 

For now I will utilise the search function to print multiple issues as this is a suitable work around. 

Thanks

Luke August 15, 2017

I will add to this, I tried to select a couple of cards from the Kanban board and clicking on "Agile Cards" and it is not giving me the option to print just the select few. It presents a drop down where I have to choose which column I would like to print. Even though I have already selected a number of cards from 1 of the columns before hitting the "Agile Cards" button. 

I am now finding even when I select a column from the drop down and hit print....nothing happens. 

Deleted user August 16, 2017

@Luke, can you please write to us on support@spartez.com?

We will be able to help better when we find out your deployment and version of Agile Cards. 

Katarzyna

0 votes
Deleted user August 14, 2017

Hi Luke, 

You can print selected cards from a single column. Use click + shift to select cards and then choose 'Print selected cards' from the Agile cards drop down menu. The print selected cards option is available on JIRA Server only.

On both Server and Cloud you can use Issue Navigator and filter out issues you need to print by choosing their issue key or label, for example.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Katarzyna

Luke August 15, 2017

Thanks for your reply Katarzyna. 

The trouble I am having is that when I choose the print options via the issues navigator, I am given the option to use a template that I have created. 

However, when I try to print from the Kanban board itself it chooses a default template that I am unable to change. 

Wondering if it could be an issue with the way Agile Cards has been implemented? 

Ideally I want to select the whole column, or a few specific issues from the Kanban board and use MY template, but the the option is not coming up. 

Suggest an answer