Prevent access to certain pages in JIRA v6.2.1

LK May 14, 2014

I would like to prevent users from accessing certaian pages in my JIRA installation. For example I don't want the users (other than the administrators) to be able to view http://myJIRA/secure/ConfigurePortalPages!default.jspaor the main overview project page. My preferred outcome would be to redirect users to the system dashboard if these pages are requested! Any suggestions on how to achieve this ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

Not in the application - the pages are available to the users for good reasons, and downgrading your installation by blocking them really isn't advisable. You will get people saying "Atlassian docs say this and I want to see it, but your Jira is broken and takes me to this page that I don't want"

If you insist on hacking this damage in, the best way is probably to catch the user in Apache and redirect them. That avoids having to do nasty code changes in Jira, but you'll have to think about how you identify the admins.

Suggest an answer