Prevent a user from creating an issue, but allow a computer to do so

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

I have a parent issue of type "Incident". I built an app that uses Atlassian API's that interrogates our 3rd party service desk application and allow a user to import a service request into JIRA. it does all kinds of stuff like populating fields, making assignments, creating subtasks, etc through a small wizard.

Question:   I do not want a user to be able to create an issue of type, "Incident". But I need JIRA to behave when my integration app uses API's to create an issue of this type. Can I block a user from being able to launch the create form, while allowing a computer to computer process to occur as needed?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

I am also looking for this functionality. We create issues via a CRM connector and want to prevent users from creating a ticket directly in the JIRA project (forcing them to come in through the CRM).

Suggest an answer