Prevent a specific user from generating notifciations

Deleted user December 7, 2017

We're evaluating an automation plugin (Automation Lite for Jira) for it to transition a case when it's assigned to specific team members.

It works really nicely, but it generates a notification to anyone watching (plus reporter and assignee).

There's really no need in that notification, and my concern is that it will be generated for every execution by this plugin.

Is there a way to exclude notifications for updates done by this specific plugin-user?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hi Shira,

If you are using the server version there is an option under "More options" that enables you suppress emails:

sppress_notifications.png

In Cloud, we don't have this available and you will need to suppress them though Jira's notification system.

Cheers,

Nick

Deleted user December 8, 2017

Thank you!

I wish we had this on the cloud, seems like the exact thing I need :)

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

You need to find out what post action the plugin is firing and remove watchers from the notification scheme for it or change the action to something new and tailor the notification scheme for it. 

Deleted user December 8, 2017

Thanks, my action is transitioning an issue, any idea how I can make it unique enough to still send emails for other transitions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events