Prevent Service Desk issue submission depending on answer?

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

When filling out the form to create a new service desk request, we want to prevent them from submitting the request if they answer No to a certain question.  How do you handle  scenarios where there are pre-requisites that must be handled first before a subsequent request can be made?  Ideally, the person responsible for fulfilling on these requests wants a popup message if the requester answers a question a certain way (certain selection from a select list).

1 answer

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

Have you tried setting a validator in the workflow for the issue type associated with the service desk? You would validate against a specific value or set of values in the Create transition, so that would effectively prevent users from submitting the issue unless the "correct" value is selected. Any other value would prompt an error message that you can customize.

I've done that before, but not in association with a service desk form, so I'm not 100% certain this would have the ffect you want. But I think it's worth giving it a try.

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2015

Thank you, Nicolas. I haven't tried validators, but I will got that a shot!

Suggest an answer