Prevent JIRA/Confluence from automatically starting after upgrade/install?

Mike Monette August 4, 2014

Hi,

Like the title says..

Is there any way to prevent this? The server.xml, seraph and other important files always get overwritten when doing an install/upgrade. When the installer is finished, it automatically starts up the service..Which is not configured to run properly.

Is there some command line switch to prevent this? It would save me from having to shut it down again and restart it after I put my server.xml and files back. I've just noticed a few times I shut it down too soon and it's in the middle of some upgrade tasks and it botches the entire instance. I must then reinstall it to correct all the problems.

A simple "Do you want to start JIRA now? [Y/N]" at the end would be perfect..

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

You could use the Standalone distribution. All you'd need to do is edit the <jira_home>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties file to point to your Jira data directory, make any necessary changes to the server.xml and start it up when you're ready. I find this method easier than using the installer.

Suggest an answer